international school services(FAQ)|Fukuoka International School in japan

FIS Logo
Language 日本語英語
Font Size
sitemap Contact Us
About FIS

Top > About FIS > FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

Q & A
Language 日本語英語

Application for Admission

When does the application period start?

An admission application including transfers can be accepted at any time during the school year. The application form and other necessary documents can be submitted six months prior to the expected entrance date.

What is the eligible age for enrollment?

It is possible to enroll when a child becomes three years old.

Entrance Examinations

I'd like information about the entrance examination.

English proficiency test may be given Middle and High School applicants (G6 ~ G12) according to recommendations by the Head of School. Additionally a math test may be required for Secondary applicants (G6 ~G12). We interview all applicants. Please see "Application Process" on our website.

Who attends the interview?

An applicant and his/her parents (1~2 persons).


How much does it cost?

As for an enrollment fee and tuition, please refer to "Tuition and Fees". Other expenses related to activities such as summer school and recreation in which students enroll voluntarily are collected separately. The school will never ask students' families for donations.

Is it possible to pay tuition and school fees on an installment plan?

Tuition and facility fees could be paid in monthly installments of a flat amount from the month of enrollment to May. The other school fees should be paid by the designated date prior to enrollment.

English Proficiency

Do applicants need to be proficient in English for admission?

English proficiency is recommended but not required for Pre-school and Elementary School applicants. Applicants for the upper grades need to be proficient to some extent in order to succeed in the academic programme. After enrollment students will be supported through ELL programs. After-school help "Office Hours" is available for all secondary students.

Is the parents' English proficiency level considered for admission?

It doesn't matter. After enrollment bilingual school staff will fully support you even if you can't speak English. Moreover, we provide lessons for those who are interested in learning English.


Do you provide school bus service?

No, we don't. It is necessary for students of the lower grades to be escorted by their parents on the way to and from school.

Do you have dormitory facilities?

No, currently we do not.

Do you provide school lunch or do you have a cafeteria for students?

We have neither. The PTA currently prepares lunch a few times a month. And students can buy lunch from vendors on campus. This is usually 2 days per week.

Higher education

What colleges and universities do your students attend?

Mainly they go abroad for higher education. Please see "Colleges/Universities Accepted" page for details.

Campus Visit

Can we have a tour of your campus?

You are encouraged to make an appointment so that our staff can show you around the campus. As for pre-school, we also provide a briefing session. The schedule will be published through "Announcements" on the website as the occasion demands. Class visits can also be arranged at the session.

Other Questions

Is it possible for a student of Japanese nationality to apply for admission?

Yes. FIS accepts students of all nationalities. However, Compulsory Education laws state that Japanese national students in Grade 1 through 9 are expected to attend a Japanese school. Some exceptions are allowed but require special procedures. A number of FIS students are Japanese nationals. Please contact our Business Office for further information.

Do you have parking?

The parking lot on our premise accommodates 30 cars.

Do you have any club activities?

There are seasonal athletic clubs (volleyball, basketball and futsal), music instruction, and foreign language classes offered after school.

Contact us & Brochure
Request for Brochure by e-mail
Inquiry by e-mail
Page top