Top > Admission > Tuition and Fees
2017 - 2018 School Fees
|Application Processing Fee
||20,000 yen per application
|Admission Testing Fee
||30,000 yen as needed
||350,000 yen per student
||100,000 yen per student / per year
|Accident Insurance Fee
||4,500 yen per student / per year
|Pre-Kindergarten (3 & 4 years old)
||1,283,000 yen per year
|Kindergarten - Grade 5
||1,305,000 yen per year
|Grades 6 - 8
||1,410,000 yen per year
|Grades 9 - 10
||1,515,000 yen per year
|Grades 11 - 12
||1,575,000 yen per year
|Pre-K - Grade 12
||6,000 yen per student / per year / not refundable
Please read attached “Regarding FIS School Fees” for school fee policy.
Regarding FIS School Fees
- Please pay by bank transfer:
- Please confirm your school-fee bill(s) for your child(ren), then make a bank transfer under your child’s name written in alphabet to one of the school bank accounts on the bill, according to the payment schedule. All bank charges are the payer’s responsibility. Payment in cash is not acceptable. A school-fee bill will be issued only once, at the time of your enrollment, or the beginning of every school year, as long as there is no change. Please keep the bill until all your payments are completed.
- A school-fee receipt will be issued when all your payments are received by the school, and it will be mailed to your home. When you need a receipt before completing your payment, please call the school office.
- Registration Fee, Facility Fee and Accident Insurance Fee:
- These fees are charged in full to all students who attend Fukuoka International School (FIS) during the school year, even if they enter late or withdraw early in the school year, and none of these fees is refundable. In the case that your child(ren) have been de-enrolled from FIS for a period of time, you will still be charged the current registration fee of 350,000 yen per child when your child(ren) re-enroll. However your initial registration fee will be deducted from the total current registration fee. An installment plan is available only for the Facility Fee upon request from the month your child(ren) enroll(s) through May. Even in case of late enrollment or early withdrawal, the Facility will be charged in full, and there is no refund or reduction.
- An installment plan is also available upon request. Those individuals enroll from the first school day of August may have the option to pay in 2 or 10 installments, due the 25th of the month. Those who enroll mid-term in the school year may have the option to pay from the month of enrollment to May, due the 25th of the month.
- Yearbooks will be distributed on the last school day in June. The Yearbook Fee is charged to all students who enroll no later than the School’s Picture Day, and it is not refundable. Those students enroll after this time will not be charged the Yearbook Fee. However, if you wish to purchase a Yearbook, please inform your class/homeroom teacher.
- Late Enrollment/Early Withdrawal:
- Students who enroll midway through the school year are charged the Tuition on a pro-rated basis according to the number of days enrolled (a full year: 180 days). In the case of early withdrawal from the school, tuition will be calculated on the same pro-rated basis, and any overpayments will be refunded. Please notify the Head of School and your class/homeroom teacher of your intent to withdraw your child(ren) from the school, in writing, at least 15 days prior to your child/ren's withdrawal day. The other school fees except for tuition should be paid in full amount.
- Delinquent Payment:
- In the case of delinquent payment, the school policy does not allow for the release of report cards, transcripts, letters of reference, graduation diplomas, Yearbook or any other school records to all individuals concerned. If more than one account is delinquent, then the student(s) may be subject to suspension from attending school until all delinquent payments are received. Until all your payments during the school year are received by the school, your child(ren) cannot attend school in the following year. Those who still have an outstanding amount and wish to re-enroll in the school cannot be accepted for re-enrollment.
- Fukuoka International School (FIS) is a non-profit educational institution that relies almost entirely on annual tuition fees to cover operating expenses. The school is subject not only to the increasing cost pressures of operating in Japan but also to competitive forces in the wider international schools’ market and international educational resource suppliers. Parents should therefore anticipate some level of increase in annual tuition fees, and financial donations to help enhance school programs and facilities are gratefully accepted.
Should you have any questions, please call the office at 092-841-7601 (Mon ~ Fri, 8:00 ~ 16:30).
Revised : Date June, 2017